Links to items of interest for windsurfers and kiteboarders:
– The following is a short video clip from a session I filmed with my head-cam while kiteboarding at Harrison Jun 18, 2018. It shows Grant doing a jump and roll on his foil board. Randy
– The following is a link to an excellent video explaining how to self rescue when things go wrong while kiteboarding. She starts off explaining how to do the textbook self rescue in low wind and wave conditions, but later on gives some good advice for self rescuing in high wind and wave conditions:
Self Rescue – Learn How to Kiteboard with Laurel Eastman
– The following is a link to an excellent video explaining the circumstances in which the so called kiteboard ‘death loop’ can occur, and what to do if it does occur:
Surviving the Death Loop
– Here is a follow up to the first ‘death loop’ video:
This is really worth watching!
Surviving the Death Loop video #2.
– Check out this link I found of prez ‘Crazy Luk Stanek’ kiting at Harrison in 2007:
‘Crazy Luk Stanek’